Skipfish is a great and FAST automated pen test tool with a low barrier to entry by Google’s own web security expert Michal Zalewski.
Skipfish is distributed as source only at http://code.google.com/p/skipfish/ and I’ve looked around the web for a compiled Windows version but couldn’t find one so I’d thought I would share instructions on how to build Skipfish on Windows in Cygwin.
I hope to provide a Windows executable that I will keep up to date as releases roll out.
How to Compile Skipfish On Cygwin
- Install Cygwin – www.cygwin.com
- Go through standard the Install Wizard steps until the ‘Cygwin Setup – Select Packages’ screen. Select the following additional packages & install the following. ‘devel’ versions if available
- All -> Base -> zlib
- All -> Devel -> openssl-devel
- All -> Devel -> libiconv
- All -> Devel -> make
- All -> Devel -> gcc
- All -> Devel -> pcre
- All -> Libs -> libiconv2
- All -> Libs -> libidn
- Download the Skipfish code from http://code.google.com/p/skipfish/
- Open up cygwin, and extract the code
- Run make to generate the executable
- make install
- Voila, you have your executable
And here’s one I prepared earlier! Skipfish V2.03 Windows Pre-Compiled Binary